Friday 21 June 2013

Why Your Husband Should Be Your Best Friend Too..

Why Your Husband Should Be Your Best Friend Too



Have you ever wondered how a married couple that was so in love on their wedding day could turn against each other years later? How they could possibly live without each others’ kisses and hugs that once use to be so special to me? Or how they could scream hurtful things at each other and not even feel guilty or sorry? Well, I wonder about this almost every day because I am a child of one of those couples—one of those hate-stricken, miserable couples. 


One possibility that always crossed my mind was maybe they never loved each other in the first place. Maybe all the smiles and laughs were just a fake. But that wouldn’t really explain why they ended up getting married. I mean, you wouldn’t want to spend the rest of your like with someone you didn’t really love, right? So that leads to the next possibility, maybe they did love each other once but just stopped. But, how do you stop loving someone? How do you look in that same person’s eyes, the eyes you once loved so much, and decide that you no longer love that person? Is it a quick decision? Or is it a choice you’ve debated over for weeks, months, maybe, even years? 



I guess I just don’t understand how that love disappears. Is it crushed and destroyed or does it just vanish into thin air? I might sound naive to all this but I don’t think I am because I have been in love for 2.5 years and I can never see myself stopping. Some people would say it’s puppy love and I’ll probably just grow out of it like my parents did, but it’s not puppy love. We passed that stage many months ago and we don’t plan on ever separating. We have our fights and arguments, just like my parents, but we never stop loving each other. The fights only make us stronger. 



Now, what scares me the most though is that my mother reminds me all the time that they once use to be like my boyfriend and I, totally and insanely in love. But I just can’t seem to believe it. My boyfriend and I are not just lovers and partners for life; we’re each other’s best friend and as the saying goes, boyfriends and girlfriends come and go but best friends always stay the same. Well, I made sure that saying did not apply to my current boyfriend by making him my best friend. Which makes me believe that maybe that’s the secret to a happy relationship: being each others’ best friend.



Every single person I know whose happily in love considers their significant other to be their best friend. Not only will they answer yes to the question, “Is your significant other your best friend?” but they’ll out right say it without even being asked first. Now if I wasn’t convinced of it myself already, things really started to make sense when I realized that my parents never called each other their best friends either. They didn’t even called each other friends. They were just husband and wife, like they were just forced upon each other by a couple of vows.



Now I might have just realized the reason for the spike in divorce rates recently or I might have just made myself feel better by talking out of my ass, but either way I think I’m on to something really big. What if by simply treating your husband or boyfriend as your best friend you could improve and strengthen your relationship like never before. Wouldn’t you try it? Well, you should, because I honestly think that is what has created the wonderful relationship I have with my boyfriend. Not only do we love each other but we have fun with each other and talk to each other as if we’d been friends for our entire life: something my parents have never done. 



So the next time you’re with your boyfriend or husband, look him in the eye and tell him he’s not just your boyfriend or husband, he’s your best friend and I guarantee it will blow his mind away. And if he looks back at you and says the same thing and means it, you’ll know you got something special. Because love is more than just kisses and hugs. It’s about loyalty and honesty, things you’ll always find in your best friend.

http://www.divinecaroline.com/love-sex/why-your-husband-should-be-your-best-friend-too

No comments:

Post a Comment